How to Remove Stains From A Carpet
In a busy home, carpet stains can be caused by all manner of things and how you treat each stain will vary. Whether it’s muddy footprints, a spilt drink or everyday wear and tear, carpet stains are undoubtedly a frustration.
Thankfully Vanish can help remove tough carpet stains as quickly as they appear. Read on to discover how our stain-busting carpet treatments and powerful Oxi Action formula can work wonders on even the most stubborn spots.
Use Vanish Pet Expert Spray for pet mess
Vanish Carpet Cleaner + Upholstery, Pet Expert Stain Remover Spray contains a special formula that will also help prevent your pet from soiling the carpet again.
Make sure you’ve removed any visible mess that’s left on the carpet before following these simple steps:
- Spray the product onto the stain area and rub in gently.
- Let it soak in for up to 5 minutes and then blot.
- If the stain is particularly tough or dried in, repeat steps 1 and 2.
Use Vanish Carpet Care for larger stains
With Vanish, carpet stain removal is easy – no matter how large the problem area is. If you’re looking for an easy and effective way to clean large areas on your carpet, try Vanish Gold Oxi Action Vaccum Up Powder or Vanish Gold Oxi Action Vaccum Up Foam. This fast-drying action and deep cleaning product can breathe a new lease of life into your carpet in just 20 minutes. Specifically designed to clean a large surface area, the powders moist conditioning formula works wonders on mud, oil and grease stains. For best results, follow these simple steps:
For Vanish Gold Oxi Action Vacuum Up Powder:
- Start by vacuuming the carpet and open the windows to allow the room to air
- Shake the bag and then sprinkle evenly onto the large area
- Brush the powder into the carpet and then leave the powder for 20 minutes to dry
- Simply vacuum up the dried powder
For Vanish Carpet Gold Foam:
- Shake the can well and spray from an 80cm height over the area that needs treating. Always spray the carpet cleaner downwards, never upwards
- Work in the foam using a colourfast clean brush or a clean damp mop/sponge. Leave for 2 hours, or until dry
- Simply vacuum the whole carpet thoroughly
- Please refer to the packaging for specific product usage and advice.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS. Store the product only in the original container and always fasten the lid.
- Do not expose product to direct sunlight.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric, rug or carpet.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.